In FY2019, more than 943 animals in our community were directly helped by ASF with spay and neuter surgeries, specialized veterinary surgeries/care, heart worm help and low-cost doggie manners classes. Hundreds more were helped by providing puppy and kitten formula, supplies, medicine, shelter enrichment programs and more.
What is Giving Tuesday?
On Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 millions of people will come together to support the causes they believe in and the communities in which they live. At a time when we are all experiencing the difficulties of pandemic, we are especially appreciative of any donation you are able to give to help our community animals.
The total received from generous 2020 Matching Donors is $21,300 and any donation you give will be matched dollar for dollar up to that amount.
Our Giving Tuesday Community Drive begins on November 16 and ends on Tuesday, December 1st. Please spread the word to everyone you know. Be a part of #ASFGIVINGTUESDAY to provide shelter animals with a chance to be adopted into a forever, loving home.
How Your Donations Will Help
All Giving Tuesday donations will directly benefit shelter animals and those in need in our community through ASF programs:
- Animal Birth Control (free spay and neuter vouchers)
- Special Veterinary Care needs
- Heartworm Help
- Low Cost Doggie Manners Classes
- HOPES (Helping Owned Pets Evade Sheltering)
- Foster Care Support
- Special Projects such as construction and use of play yards at the shelter, beds for shelter dogs, harnesses, leashes and individual scratching pads for shelter cats.
- New low-cost spay and neuter clinic that is expected to open in 2021, serving Tallahassee and surrounding areas. “Tally Spay” will perform high-volume, high-quality sterilization surgeries to help reduce the number of intakes at the shelter and reduce the number of unwanted animals in the community.
Over the past year alone, nearly one thousand animals in our community were directly helped by ASF with spay and neuter surgeries, specialized veterinary surgeries and care, heart worm help and low-cost doggie manners classes. Hundreds more were helped by providing puppy and kitten formula, supplies, medicine and more.
As a 501 (c) (3), all donations are tax deductible.